We’re on our fifth day of looking at petition in prayer.
- Praise: Can we pray one hour?
- Praise: Growing our praise time
- Praise: Praising God for Creation
- Praise: Praising God our Father
- Praise: Praising God our King
- Waiting: Waiting on the Lord
- Waiting: Waiting on His Timing
- Waiting: Waiting on His Will
- Waiting: Waiting on His Peace
- Waiting: Waiting on His Authority
- Confession: Returning to Effective Prayer
- Confession: Confession brings Mercy
- Confession: Self-Interrogation
- Confession: Sins against Others
- Confession: Psalm 51
- Scripture: Praying Scripture Prayers
- Scripture: Why & How
- Scripture: Claiming Authority
- Scripture: Praying Scripture Promises
- Scripture: Praying like David
- Watching: Jesus calls us to watch
- Watching: Robert Murray M’Cheyne
- Watching: Watching for Wisdom
- Watching: The Watch of the LORD
- Watching: The Watchman on the Wall
- Intercession: Praying for Government Officials
- Intercession: Praying for Others
- Intercession: Brethren, Pray for us
- Intercession: Praying for Enemies
- Intercession: Praying for the Persecuted
- Petition: The Prerequisite for Personal Prayer Requests
- Petition: The Answer to Worry
- Petition: Petition for Wisdom
- Petition: What about the Doldrums?
- Petition: Put off and put on
- Thanksgiving: For People
- Thanksgiving: For Events
- Thanksgiving: For His Loyalty
- Thanksgiving: For Deliverance
- Thanksgiving: Abundant, Free, yet Expected
- Singing: From Revelation
- Singing: With Deborah
- Singing: With David
- Singing: With Jehoshaphat
- Singing: With Habakkuk
- Meditate: With Joshua
- Meditate: With the Psalmist
- Meditate: With Isaac
- Meditate: With Timothy
- Meditate: With Psalm 119
What are other things that we should pray for? Paul tells us that we have an important goal:
 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:Ephesians 4:21-24
 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
What does it look to put off the old man and put on the new man? It’s a change in behaviors – replacing anger with kindness.
 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.Colossians 3:8-14
 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
It’s putting on the armour of God!
 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.Ephesians 6:11-17
 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Is this a one time prayer? No, Paul says in 2 Corinthians that it’s a daily request!
 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.2 Corinthians 4:16
We have the power because our old man is crucified!
 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.Romans 6:6
So pray that God would help you reckon your old man dead, so you can yield not to sin but yield unto God!
 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.Romans 6:11-13
 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
We must tell Jesus all of our trials – we cannot bear them alone!